Re: LEDs

Subject: Re: LEDs
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:19:27
Hi Fred

It was mainly the switch arrangement on the doors that seemed a little
involved. I mounted a microswitch for and aft so that the shoot bolts had
to be  fully home to make a connection. If the position of the body of the
switch is correct, adjustments can be made by bending the lever arm. I
wired the switches in parallel so either switch can activate a warning. I
agree that with the sun at an awkward angle it is easy to miss a light
indication. An alternative is to have (like in airliners) a bright
attention getting light whenever any individual light is on.

Like you I think some form of door warning is essential.

Also as I have a monowheel I have also put microswitches on the landing
gear. The outriggers are particularly important as they cannot be checked
visually.

Nigel Charles