Re: Door Audio Warning - - Was LEDs

Subject: Re: Door Audio Warning - - Was LEDs
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:30:41

> I too am facinated by electronics but personally don't think these
> things are generally justified in an aircraft like the Europa.

On the other hand there are many who are using their Europa's as an exercise in

designing instrumentation systems. My own instrumentation system for example
has a number of automated monitoring systems designed to minimise the amount of

time that a VFR pilot spends looking at instrumentation.

Very few VFR pilots, myself included, spend enough time monitoring their
systems. A computer on the doesn't forget to scan the engine instruments and
doesn't get distracted with watching the view so why not have it do the work
for you and let you know if something untoward is happening.

The same goes for door monitors. They don't replace the visual check but one
day may just save the loss of a door when the pilot forgets that necessary
action.

In effect a good automated monitoring system is equivalent to having a someone

in the right hand seat double checking your actions which for many of us is a
pretty good idea.

Tony