LEDs

Subject: LEDs
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:30:52
Hi Gang,
I have searched but can't find it in the archive. Someone mentioned the 12v
3w lamp that is the alternator warning lamp being changed to an LED and that
you had to add a resistor, I think, to make the regulator function correctly.
Does anyone know what will work for sure on this? I have some nice LEDs that
are 12 volt rated that I want to use. In fact I want to make a series of 5 or
6 warning LEDs on a little panel to operate at the correct intensity with a
12 volt input to each. I am planning to use one for oil press./master on; one
for alternator; one for door ajar; one for engine monitor; and starter
engaged. The alternator one is the one I was concerned about. Is this no big
deal to do? I am electronically challenged. Please help if you can.
Best Regards,

Troy Maynor
N120EU Monowheel Classic
troymaynor@aol.com