Re: Position lights - wires after the fact

Subject: Re: Position lights - wires after the fact
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:34:13
Message text written by INTERNET:forum@europaclub.org.uk
>I already had a try with another aerial to no avail, so I wil need to have
try with another radio, which is bringing me back to say the Icom A 200
isn't fit for purpose!<

Should you decide to permanently change your radio I can thoroughly
recommend the Apollo SL40. It is one of the most up to date radios and
includes:

1. Memory of last 8 frequencies used as well as the usual memory presets
and quick access to 121.5Mhz.
2. An ability to monitor the standby frequency - useful for picking up
ATIS's whilst working the active frequency.
3. Stuck mic protection.
4. High quality internal intercom with independant mic vox switching.
5. Only just over 1" high (standard avionics stack width). The radio only
uses half of the case width so you can opt for one of their other units
which includes GPS or VOR within the same case size.
6. Highest available carrier power output.
7. Very sophisticated software allowing adjustment of many variables such
as sidetone level, intercom level, comm level, headset level etc without
over cluttered panel.

There are probably other features which I have missed out. Should you be
interested in following this further have a look at their website for more
details - probably www.apollo.com (not certain of this). Alternatively if
you happen to be near Kemble come and have a look at my Apollo SL40.

Regards

Nigel Charles