RE: U.S. equivalents?

Subject: RE: U.S. equivalents?
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:17:31
Europa Aircraft is apparently the only North American source for TAPK33BS
rivets.  The equivalent Cherry N Rivet nomenclature for 120 deg c-sink head
rivets would be BSC-33 (In order: B = 5056 Al alloy body, S = steel shank, C
= 120 deg. c-sink head, 3 = 3/32 in diam, 3 = 3/16 grip lgth) but I have not
been able to find a source for that size and style.  Aircraft Spruce in
nearby Corona, CA would be ideal for me but they are not able to provide an
equivalent (I asked).  The closest thing I found (which I did not buy) is
---From http://www.ddaircraft.com whose entire product listing for countersunk
pop rivets is shown below.  Note: these have an Al shank, not steel.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070

      AAC-32 120 DEG POP RIVET  ALUMINUM SLEEVE & STEM  3/32 X 1/8
                1 $0.1500 $ 0.15
            25 $ 0.1200 $ 3.00
            50 $ 0.1080 $ 5.40
            100 $ 0.0975 $ 9.75
            500 $ 0.0877 $ 43.85

      AAC-34 120 DEG POP RIVET  ALUMINUM SLEEVE & STEM  3/32 X 1/4
                1 $ 0.1500 $ 0.15
            25 $ 0.1200 $ 3.00
            50 $ 0.1080 $ 5.40
            100 $ 0.0975 $ 9.75
            500 $ 0.0877 $ 43.85

      AAC-36 120 DEG POP RIVET  ALUMINUM SLEEVE & STEM  3/32 X 3/8
                1 $ 0.1500 $ 0.15
            25 $ 0.1200 $ 3.00
            50 $ 0.1080 $ 5.40
            100 $ 0.0975 $ 9.75