H balance weight stops fitting

Subject: H balance weight stops fitting
From: Dave Simpson <davesimpson@londonweb.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:27:46
My method for fitting the H assy. in the fuselage was as follows:

Attach the top ply brackets to the vertical members so that they stop short
of the fuselage top surface by 2 or 3 mm.
Remove the top and plop in a jollop of Redux and flox on the top of the
bracket pair.
Pop on the top and go for a beer.
When the Redux has cured, climb in, undo the bolts attaching the top ply
brackets to the verticals and remove the top.  You now have the top bit in
exactly the right place.
Dress back any squidged Redux and lay up a few plies over the top of the
brackets to secure them to the top, as per instructions.

Have another beer

Dave Simpson