Re: Speed Kit

Subject: Re: Speed Kit
From: mark@physchem.ox.ac.uk
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:00:05

> My word we have some lateral thinkers in this group!  I would neer have
> thought of backlash or stiction in the instrument.
>
> In this case, I think it's unlikely because vibration, even slight,
applied
> to sensitive instruments, normally takes out these effects.

And we also seem to have strong sarcasm which might put a lot of people off
posting useful information (which is typical of a lot of mailing lists -
some people won't post because they fear the experts might shoot them down)!

Just because you know everything, it doesn't mean you have to put someone
down because they came up with a stupid idea.  A stupid idea which is
actually fact in a lot of systems.  Please feel free to add me to your
ignore list!

Mark.