Re: Speed Kit

Subject: Re: Speed Kit
From: mark@physchem.ox.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:17:02

> Ouch.
>
> I wasn't being sarcastic at all.  I genuinely meant that we have good
> lateral thinkers in the group and that I wouldn't have thought of stiction
> as a cause of the phenomenon; it's not a stupid idea.
>
> And I don't know everything either.
>
> And I wouldn't be so rude as to try to put someone down as you suggest.
>
> Anyone else take it that way?  If so please accept my apologies for
writing
> so ineptly.
>
> Dave (bit miffed) Simpson

I offer my sincere appologies.  I recently took myself of a non-related
mailing list for a reason of too much sarcasm and jumped too quickly to the
conclusion that it was the same on this list.  I just read the email the
wrong way (as did a couple of others who have emailed me privatly) and maybe
should have questioned your comments before boiling up.

I already owe a lot of people a pint and would like to add you to my list if
you would accept one.

Chers,
Mark.