Re: The quest for speed

Subject: Re: The quest for speed
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:29:51
I wonder how much of that 2 MPH is due to bypassing the air filter,
though.  On my other plane, carb heat air is "rammed" into a 2-1/2"
duct.  But pull carb heat and we know what happens to to RPM, due to
the greater effect of the hot air.  Conversely, temp could be the most
noticeable
benefit in externally scooping induction air?

Regards,
Fred F.