Re: The quest for speed

Subject: Re: The quest for speed
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:27:31
If all of the velocity energy in the airflow can be converted to pressure
head at the carburrettor (by means of appropriately shaped inlets and
airboxes), then at 150 mph a boost of about 3% would be available and hence
about 3% more power. Which should put back some of the losses attributable
to not using the Rotax tuned exhaust (in the case of the 912S).

Duncan McFadyean