Re: The quest for speed

Subject: Re: The quest for speed
From: Peter van Schoonhoven <pvans@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:37:26
Mooneys from the late sixties had a cockpit control you could activate to
bypass the air filter and get air from a forward facing cowl opening. Those
airplanes cruised just about as fast as Europas and the ram inlet gave
about 2 mph improvement so we would probably benefit about the same. But no
air  filtering, so watch out in smoky, or dusty environments, especially
take off and landings.

Peter