Re: Re:914 intercooler

Subject: Re: Re:914 intercooler
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:05:18
Denis claimed 200-220 MPH TRUE at 18K.  Still dang fast.
The main reason for the intercooler was to keep the air inlet temperature
below 160degrees
during the long climbs to 16-18K and in hot air temps.  The 914 installation
has some cooling
problems and the intercooler helps address this.  Plus, Denis was aiming for
a "BMW of the air"
which meant lotsa technical tricks.  His plane has oxygen for 3 and a dual
100 watt/channel stereo
system.  Plus air-adjustable seats filled by bleed air from the turbo.
Hooha!

Shaun