RE: The Solid-State Gyro PDA

Subject: RE: The Solid-State Gyro PDA
From: Nick Hammond <nick.hammond@saabsystems.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:12:07

tonyk@kaon.co.nz wrote on 22 October:
> I had a look at the Crossbow unit at Oshkosh and wasn't very impressed.
> The Dynon developments unit on the other hand is a real work of art and
> is worth looking at.

Particularly at the price. It would be fun to roll one's own EFIS using the
Crossbow AHRS as a basis but at the around the same price as the complete
Dynon unit, it would be hard to justify.

BTW, can anyone confirm that Dynon's AOA Probe has electrical outputs (i.e.
that it only needs additional wiring in the wing rather than more plumbing).
Hard to tell from their web site.

Regards,

Nick Hammond
XS Monowheel 418