Re: The Solid-State Gyro PDA

Subject: Re: The Solid-State Gyro PDA
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:27:17
> Crossbow is wisely staying out of human interface development.

That's right, and I'd like to see their unit in the EFIS I buy. Not some unit
cobbled together in the garage. The crossbow unit takes some pressure off the
developers of EFIS with a direct compensated data stream, with it's own built
in self check watch dog. I've built a few robots with my son and having
reading the sensors, checking watch dog loops, and converting the reading to
output, done off processor is a big overhead reduction. This makes screen
updates faster and leaves cycles for other tasks.
I think this is a fine base for building an EFIS with off the shelf parts.

Steve
A217