RE: Extra height and width in the cockpit coming soo

Subject: RE: Extra height and width in the cockpit coming soo
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:25:41

As one who will have to modify the seat pan to give a more prone position to
fit into the existing shell, I welcome the changes..... but I wonder how
much of a performance penalty there will be by raising the entire fuse
profile by 3"?

I would think the simple "bubble" profile plexiglass door window would be
less draggy?

Also, I wonder how they keep the lateral structural stiffness in the door
area if they push out the sill?  Very interesting mods I must say, as these
were the _only_ two issues I have with this almost perfect design.

Watching with much interest,
Pete