Extra height and width in the cockpit coming soon.....

Subject: Extra height and width in the cockpit coming soon.....
From: KarkelB@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:39:22
Hi folks,
           just come back from the factory this weekend.The good news is that
for all you ectomorphs out there about three inches of extra head room  and
two inchs of width are on the way. For the extra height i'm afraid if you
already have your two halfs of the fuselage glued ,you are gonna miss out on
that .As for the width,broad shouldered humans like me are gonna have some
room to ease that squash against the door panel on the pilot side and
likewise you could have that on the starboard side too if your passenger is
gonna be of  similar width. I needed that extra width, so Andy and i had a
discussion of  the possible options  to ease the pressing of the left
shoulder against the door sill (port side) .I suggested an extension of the
door length so as to lower the door seal about three inches, this would free
your shoulder from rubbing against the door seal. It is possible,but would
mean about =A3500 for the stress analysis and then approval from the pfa. Andy
then came up with a brilliant idea of making a curve on the door seal around
the arm.Don't worry,the change is only interior, exterior remains the same.
This is where the extra room for your arm comes from.For extra height,a wedge
is to be inserted between the two fuselage halfs raising the cockpit by about
three inches. Another idea is the bubble glass that will be an option.Trade
off is your europa will look like a bug when viewed from the front. I was
impressed by the level of attention to the issue of width in the cockpit. To
be honest i was beggining to have doubts about wether to continue with this
project.But now, i'm a happy bunny and can only move on to realize the dream.
The factory will  officially announce these mods soon once they have finished
thier tests so be patient if you think you will need any of them.

                                       karim.