Re: Trike Nose Leg Bungee Breaking.

Subject: Re: Trike Nose Leg Bungee Breaking.
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 23:32:08
Cool method, but now it just hit me.  The manual can be interpreted to
mean that 350# is set with reference to only the frame/leg/wheel
assembly.  At least I couldn't install the bungee except with the
assembly affixed to a bench.  On a completed A/C, the weight on the
nose includes some airframe weight, namely fwd of the main wheel pivot
point.  So setting bungee tension to just bring weight on the nose
wheel to 350# before stretching commences is setting it at less than
they intend.  That would be way less than 1G load in service to
exercise the bungee.  Maybe that's (in part) why you've had problems?
Any help here?  I may be in the same stew.

Regards,
Fred F., A063