Re: Which version?

Subject: Re: Which version?
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 22:09:55

>There seems to be a need for one bounce before calling it a day.
>

>Is this why Pete Davies always seemed to fly down onto the runway and
>deliberately do one medium to large size bounce before landing quite
>"normally" with no bounce? Or at least he did the times I saw him land at
>Kirby.
>Duncan McFadyean

More likely he didn't recognise the difference between ground effect and a
stall. Close to the ground the nose will start to drop because of the
reduced AoA of the tail as the flap downdraft disappears. One has to bring
the stick back again, against one's instinct after an uncommanded pitch down.

Graham