Re: Space....

Subject: Re: Space....
From: Rob Housman <ROBHOUSMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:21:09
I concur with all of the suggestions posted by Bob Harrison and Nigel
Charles but would suggest that you also rig a hoist to lift the fuselage out
of the way, and perhaps other hoists to lift the wings as well.  My garage
(approx 20 ft X 23 ft, which is adequate for everything except rigging the
wings) has structural beams conveniently located for this purpose.  It
allows more work space and I can park a car under the fuselage as long as
the main gear (Tri-Gear XS) are not installed.  Eyebolts (I hope this term
is also familiar to speakers of the Queen's English) installed in the spar
pin bushings make for a secure lift point on each side and a sling under the
fin holds the tail up.  A simple block and tackle arrangement with nylon
rope (mechanical advantage = 2) does the lifting at each point.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070