RE: Space....

Subject: RE: Space....
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:09:57

Ed:

I am building my machine in a 2 car garage and I myself am finding it just
sufficient but slightly cumbursome.  I have to build some parts and get
them out of there in order to do other parts.  If the flight controls are
being worked on the wings and fuselage are being stored off site. The fuselage

can only be moved in when the wings are done and moved out. You will find that

the smaller the space the longer it will take to build.  If you have plenty
of space you can lay up the left flap, aileron, etc while this is curing if you

have space for another table you can start the right side. I have found that in

my initial building many times I was dead in the water while an item was curing

for 8 hours or whatever.  I didn't have the space to do something else
comfortably.  So I made a point to take my time and use the space available
rather than crowding things together and tripping over things.  You must
have your work area comfortable and easy to get around in no matter what space

you have available.   A three to four year effort  can easily
become drudgery if you are always bumping things and having to move items around

to make way for other work.

Steve

A143

Mesa, AZ