Re: Headset recommendation?

Subject: Re: Headset recommendation?
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:09:04

>So, I need to buy a good headset that won't break the bank.

If possible, try using examples of a few types in real-world
conditions (during your fight lessons). You always get best
performance on intercoms when both seats are using the same type
headset. I have never used noise-cancelling ones, but the best
conventional ones I've experienced were Peltors, a few years ago.

>  I have a 1962 Tek 535A oscilloscope in mint condition that still
>works perfectly (over 70 vacuum tubes!), I've got a soft spot for
>Tek.

Me too. I don't know what happened to the, 535's, 545's, and the
other big warm ones I cut my teeth on in the 60s, but I was in the
right place just before I retired to catch a 7623A which would
otherwise have been dumped. Came with a selection of plug-ins and
manuals!

>Just wondering what others are using and/or recommend?

My Airlite 62 with electret insert has worked well for over 20 years,
but doesn't keep the noise out like the newer types with softer seals.

regards

Rowland