Headset recommendation?

Subject: Headset recommendation?
From: EuropaChris@netscape.net
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:01:55
Hi gang!  Yesterday the thermometer hit 49 degrees here in Wisconsin (F, that
is),
and it was a *fine* day.  Fine enough to get me to the local airport and sign
up for flight lessons.  Yes, I know, we are building a plane and we can't
even fly yet.  That is what happens when you get a couple of engineers on a
project....:-)
Learning to fly is the easy part.  It just takes time and money.

So, I need to buy a good headset that won't break the bank.  I've done a little
research and Lightspeed keeps coming up, specifically the QFR series, either
passive or active.  From what I've read, they are comfortable, durable, and the
customer service is excellent.  Lightspeed was started in 1996 by a group of
Tektronix people, and as I have a 1962 Tek 535A oscilloscope in mint condition
that still works perfectly (over 70 vacuum tubes!), I've got a soft spot for
Tek.

The price certainly is right, and you can see them here:
http://www.jaair.com/mailorder/default.asp

Just wondering what others are using and/or recommend?

As a side note, we finally started on the wings over the past month.  For the
rib/skin
reinforcements, Sue had the idea of laying up a large section of bid on
plastic wrap, say 2' wide cut at 45 deg. and then layup the second layer on
top of that, and then just cut 2" strips, rather than trying to work with
individual
2" strips that never keep shape and fray badly.  Other than trying to work
with too large a section of glass at one time, the idea works incredibly well.
Just whack off a full length of 2" wide bid, and cut to length as you need
it.  The only suggestion I would make is to only layup 1' wide and then do
a second layup.  Fortunately, our basement is about 62 degrees, so it gave us
enough working time with the glass.  After we were done, I put heat lamps and
a small electric heater near the wing to keep the temp around 70 for 24 hours.

Now to figure how to mount those Aeroflash strobes in the wing tips...

Enjoy!

Chris
A159