Re: Kremen variable pich props

Subject: Re: Kremen variable pich props
From: Cafe St Tropez <mail@cafesttropez.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:43:17

Thanks for your answer
jean-Claude
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: david joyce
  Cc: europa@avnet.co.uk

  To Jean-Claude and all the others who have commented . I have flown in
Tom Justic's Kremen VP prop 914 XS, have visited the Kremen factory,
closely examined the prop and have been given the technical data on it
which I have submitted to the PFA before going ahead with buying one
myself. The PFA are moving very slowly in approving it but I am
confident that they will eventually.The propellor is a very attractive
one which appears to be very well engineered, most closely resembling a
MT prop to look at. It worked impressively and very smoothly in Tom's
plane letting it comfortably outperform the company 914 XS. There are
both VP and Constant speed versions of the same propellor and several
hundred of them are already flying around Europe, principally the VP
version which came out first. My supportive remarks are simply based on
my own impressions - I have no commercial interest in this in any way.
As far as I know no other Europa has yet fitted one and I do not know
what has happened to Tom's plane since his death in a car crash. David
Joyce 402