Re: Re: Kremen variable pich props

Subject: Re: Re: Kremen variable pich props
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:50:57

Take heart, those who are still building. Europas powered by a Rotax 912S
(100HP). It does not need a variable pitch prop.

My aeroplane must be typical. It gets off the ground shorter than it lands.
It does 110knots at 4600 rpm, and 120 knots at 5000 rpm. Why would I want to
go to the expense and complexity of a variable pitch? Oh! and it climbs at
1000 ft/min full load.

Keep it simple. Enjoy looking out of the window!

Totally different subject: My carb heaters got down to 38 C. in the near
Arctic weather on Sunday. No carb ice though!

Happy Europing ........ Bryan Allsop G BYSA.  360