RE: Getting "on the step"

Subject: RE: Getting "on the step"
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:57:22
Please feel free to come fly in the plane if you ever come to NZ.

The engine runs a lot happier on the imported vs locally produced fuel.
Whether it's directly related to the octane rating or other factors I don't
know but it sure flies a lot better with the imported 98. Incidentally my
Subaru RSK B4 also runs a lot better on the imported fuel so it's not just a
airplane thing - even though they are both flat fours!

I hereby promise never to mention flying characteristics of airplanes on
this group ever again. Talking about the most enjoyable hobby I have ever
had just isn't worth the flak.

Now back to more important things like building planes........

I just received a new batch of Polyfiber catalyser for my paint. I
discovered that all of my catalyser had turned to a gel. It appears that it
is sensitive to humidity and Polyfiber have discovered that if they fill the
bottles on a humid day then the shelf life of the catalyser is greatly
reduced (like down to sixty days). I am now topping up my bottles to ensure
that there is no air present which should extend the shelf life.

Tony