Castrol GPS

Subject: Castrol GPS
From: David Corbett <David.Corbett@Farmline.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:11:13

Castrol GPS  - UK

I have just purchased a 4 litre can of GPS from Halfords. I purchased my
first 4 litre can some time last autumn; the plastic can was grey, and
the contents were a lovely golden brown, just like a favourite malt
whiskey.

The can that I purchased last week is green plastic, and the contents
are red (just like diluted Ribena; we grow blackcurrants for Ribena
here).

I rang the Castrol helpline and the very helpful girl told me that the
oil is unchanged - all they have done is to add some dye so that the
motorcycle fraternity can have a coloured oil in their sump sightgauge!!
It is interesting that the Castrol helpline tel no is on the old
package, but not on the new green can. Try 01793 452222 for
confirmation.

What was wrong with the malt whiskey colour, I ask myself - and any of
you who are into motorbikes?

David