RE: bonding in the cockpit module

Subject: RE: bonding in the cockpit module
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:31:13
Good question, but there is a very easy answer; I would have said the answer
is obvious but for the fact that it wasn't so obvious to me when I bonded
the cockpit module without trimming it.  I did mutter "Duh!" to myself  when
I realized what I had done (or, rather, not done).

The baggage compartment rear bulkhead zig-zag panel overlaps the
corresponding panel at the aft end of the cockpit module so the more or less
vertical part of the cockpit module must be removed by trimming it flush
with the top of the central tunnel.  Because there is a corner radius from
the baggage compartment floor into the recesses in the cockpit module it
will be necessary to remove a slight bit more from the cockpit module, but
if you cut it flush you can trim the remainder later when you are ready to
bond in the baggage compartment bulkhead.  If you really trust your
judgment, do a trial fit of the bulkhead into the cockpit module prior to
bonding the cockpit module into the canoe, and cut to fit at that stage.
Either way, if you examine the baggage compartment bulkhead it will become
quite clear what needs to be removed.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070