Re: bonding in the cockpit module

Subject: Re: bonding in the cockpit module
From: JohnJMoran@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 08:49:18
I found it convenient to add a kitchen cabinet type handle to the top of the
tunnel about 2 inches back from the front flange. This to simplify lowering
the seat module into place.  The handle remained there until cutout of the
firewall allowed access to the screws to remove it.

We had 3 people involved to mix and spread the Redux. Then a couple neighbors
came over to augment the work force to 5 temporarily while installing the
seat module. One person held the front handle plus one at each rear corner of
the seat module. Two helpers spread the canoe sides while the seat module was
lowered into place.

Cleanup of the Redux which extruded was memorable for the mess involved - it
had begun to set up by the time the seat module was completely secured and
became difficult to remove.

John    N44EU