RE: bonding in the cockpit module

Subject: RE: bonding in the cockpit module
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:01:33

Definitely worry about the spar clearance - I found it necessary to "modify"
the aileron bellcrank faces to clear the bolts.

The use of a hoist to lower the cockpit module is very convenient (a 2X4 of
the right length will fit nicely into both headrests and is at a good
location for reasonably good balance).  I used essentially the same scheme
Bill describes to hang the module and to spread and to support the
fuselage - I can assure you that it makes the task much simpler.  Having at
least one other set of hands is likewise very helpful.

Trimming the extra material from the rear of the cockpit module is a very
good idea.  I blindly followed the manual only to realize when it was time
to install the baggage compartment bulkhead that it was rather tedious to
make the required cut after bonding (especially since some of it was bonded
to the fuselage sides!)

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070