Re: Oil return hose

Subject: Re: Oil return hose
From: James H. Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:04:41
Why not use the banjo fitting that is supplied with the engine and cut
off the barb.  Weld on a short length of hydraulic tubong (seamless
steel) and have it long enough to get from under the engine and muffler
and then reweld the barbed end on the tubing.  Support it with a strap to
the engine fro vibration insulation.  Then use the supplied tubing to
complete the run to the oil tank.   That is the way I'm going to solve
the "fried oil line" problem.  I will also use fire sleeve around the
pipe to keep the temps of the steel line low enough to allow it to keep
in spec.  (around a max. of 190 to 200 deg. F.)  This would sure solve
the problem.  I'm glad Gary and I concur, as he and I spent a bit of time
going over the many small problems that we have solved our own way.  I
cannot hardly wait untill my beast in to the air to try out my other
ideas.  (40A alternator, cowl flaps, air exit naca vent on the back of
the a/c with a controlable flap to let air out  at a controllable rate,
rudder trim that mounts inside the a/c and weighs 1#, using the Rotax
intake manifold with modifications to allow it to be used with the europa
mount-needs extensive mods-and moving the air pick-up down into the air
inlet for the turbo cavity below the oil tank.)  By the way,  only  make
the steel pipe long enough to get it out from under the engine.  Keep a
reasonable length flex line to the tank for vibration control

                                                Jim    A058
                                                St. Petersburg Fl.