Aileron Length

Subject: Aileron Length
From: PreDial@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 21:51:38
Hi All,

We're putting the hinges on our XS ailerons.  We cheated (lazy) and purchased
the prebuilt Stage 1 kit so the ailerons came precovered.  We noticed that
the ailerons are 60.825 long measured along the hinge flange.  The opening in
the wing is 60.5 long without leaving any clearance at either end of the
aileron.  Are we supposed to cut off some of the aileron or how do we make
them fit in the openings?  We're rather do surgery to the tip end as the root
close outs and their bolts are completed.

Thanks for all the help we get from this list.

Jim & Heather Butcher A185