Re: Oil return hose

Subject: Re: Oil return hose
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:05:18
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>

Message text written by "Garry Stout"
> Rotax supplies a fine, high
quality oil return hose to be used for this application.  Due to the unique
oil line routing (to the reservoir) recommended by Europa, a 120 degree
bend in the hose is required just as the hose exits the sump banjo fitting.
Europa supplies a substitute hose which is pre-molded with the 120 degree
bend molded in....<

Thanks for your input.

I don't understand the 120 degree bend. On my 'Classic' Europa the banjo
fitting is rotated aft and the hose routed towards the rear engine mounts.
Having spoken to Neville at Europa he thinks that Silicone hose might be
the best 'flexible' solution but agrees with your idea of a rigid return
pipe. I am looking into the Silicone product as I do not have welding
capabilities.

Nigel Charles