Oil return hose

Subject: Oil return hose
From: David Cripps <david.cripps@spsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:59:21
Following on from the recent discussions on this subject, I have looked at
my hoses which seem fine at the moment.  However, it seems prudent to have
some spare hose to hand.  Unfortunately I cannot easily read the
specification printed on the return hose, except that it says '13mm' and has
a 'Burst Pressure' which is unreadable.  This oil return hose also looks to
be made of a slightly different material to the other oil hoses (these seem
to have a more textured and less smooth feel).  Are they all actually meant
to be the same spec. and does anyone know the exact current specification of
these hoses (diameters and temperature/pressure rating)?

Was there a final conclusion to the best material for such a hose (Teflon,
Silicon, rubber etc)?

Many thanks in advance.

David Cripps
GBWJH