Re: WARNING * Oil line Failures

Subject: Re: WARNING * Oil line Failures
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:34:41
Garry Stout wrote:

> Mine was routed properly toward the rear of the engine, per Europa
> specs........as was Marvin's, Bill's, and Jim's.  We still burned up the
> oil hose.
>
> Regards,
> Garry Stout

My manual for the 914 installation says to route the line from the
crankcase bottom aft, but that takes it way too near the muffler, IMO,
besides making it hard to install/remove/inspect.  I was thinking just
run it thru the exhaust pipe 'Y' to the starboard side of the cowl
(secured of course), thence back to the oil jug.  Make sense?

Regards,
Fred F., A063