Re: WARNING * Oil line Failures

Subject: Re: WARNING * Oil line Failures
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 01:22:42
>My manual for the 914 installation says to route the line from the
>crankcase bottom aft, but that takes it way too near the muffler, IMO,
>besides making it hard to install/remove/inspect.  I was thinking just
>run it thru the exhaust pipe 'Y' to the starboard side of the cowl
>(secured of course), thence back to the oil jug.  Make sense?

Hi Fred,
Yes, I think it does. On the Classic the oil line could run up between the
two cylinder heads hugging the engine closely and did seem top stay cool
enough. A thin stainless steel shield will also reflect a lot of the
radiant heat and help to alleviate the problem. The Classic doesn't have
the "Y" so be careful .

Grahammetal reflector to