RE: WARNING * Oil line Failures

Subject: RE: WARNING * Oil line Failures
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 00:18:33
>Am I missing something here in all this discussion?  If there is a problem
>with wrapping the insulation round the exhaust pipes to keep them from
>overheating the oil pipes,  why not wrap the insulation around the oil pipes
>instead?

The oil pipes were insulated but still got burnt. The problem is there
isn't much space down there. I'm wondering if stainless steel oil pipe from
the "sump" (remember its a dry sump engine)  up to the oil tank would be a
better solution. It would still need insulation and restraint from
vibration but would not degrade from the heat.

Graham