Re: WARNING * Oil line Failures

Subject: Re: WARNING * Oil line Failures
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:53:37
In the instant case here (914), there's little clearance with the
muffler and the hot side of the turbo housing, and insulation on the
oil line could be in contact with them.  I think if there's a choice,
re-routing is better than insulating (and hoping...).  The oil lines
are items that _must not fail_.

On this general topic, I recently purchased one of these digital
temp-measuring toys, where you point its laser spot at anything and
take an instant reading.  It appears surprisingly accurate and should
come in handy in testing and maintenance.  In the States, they're
available from J. C. Whitney, or via order thru Sears hardware stores.

Regards,
Fred F., A063