Re: Carb. air ice?

Subject: Re: Carb. air ice?
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:51:58
Message text written by Brian Rauchfuss - PCD
>Carb icing becomes less critical at lower temperatures simply because cold
air can hold less moisture.  At an OAT of -5C the air can hold very little
moisture and so can deposit very little moisture.<

I agree that the problem is less severe but I feel it is a little brave to
assume that carb icing cannot happen at such temperatures just because you
are not in cloud. Even if only a very small amount forms on the carburettor
throat initially, with so much fuel/air travelling through it will not take
long for it to build up to become significant.

Nigel Charles