Gear up landings?

Subject: Gear up landings?
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:03:26
Hi all,

My insurance company classifys the Europa
as a complex aircraft due to its retractable gear
(and flaps and constant speed prop, i.e. Whirlwind).
This means my build partner and I need many
hours in complex and make/model. I
told the agent that the gear and flaps were
on one lever, and that I had heard discussions
to the effect that it would be very unlikely to
land gear/flaps up because of the unusually
high approach angle.
The agent said they might relax some of the
complex and/or make/model requirements
if I make inquiries of the email group and
verified the assumption.

Has anyone heard of a Europa being landed
gear up ?

Terry Seaver
A135