Re: Gear up landings?

Subject: Re: Gear up landings?
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 18:10:37
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
"Peter Bondar" <peter@bondar.co.uk>

The more cynical reply is how long till it is landed gear up..

seriously at Cambridge we have seen plenty of Europas either land gear up
or lose directional control and rip the prop of,

I believe Jerry at Touchdown sells more replacement blades for
Europas then everything else combined!-;)

Like all clever systems it goes wrong just when you don't need it,
eg stretching a glide out in a precautionary landing,
or getting out of sync in touch and goes.

No wonder most people now are going tri-gear

---From the desktop PC of Peter Bondar at home
peter@bondar.co.uk
www.bondar.co.uk
+44 1638 552831 (tel)
+44 1638 552941 (fax)