RE: Gas valve

Subject: RE: Gas valve
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 00:52:57
>Bill:
>
>I have seen the fuel shutoff valve installed down inside the console with
>an extension added its shaft so that the lever came out right on top of the
>rear side of the console's surface. The surface on top of the console was
>cut away and a recess was made so that the lever was below the surface
>proper so that you would not be dragging your elbow or other appendege
>across it.  This impressed me I am going to configure my acft. that way.
>
>Steve Hagar
>A143
>Mesa, AZ

Andair make an extension to their excellent fuel selector which makes that
option less difficult. That could well be the best answer but is
unfortunately somewhat expensive. The stock brass unit supplied can get
very stiff to operate so might compromise the integrity of the joints to an
extension.

Graham