Re: Rudder Cables & Nylon tubing

Subject: Re: Rudder Cables & Nylon tubing
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:58:16
Paul McAllister wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am fooling around with rubber cable routing at the moment and I had a
> friend come by who had build a Long Ez.  He was telling me that on the Ex
> that the rudder cables are completely encased in tubing.  His suggestion was
> to do that for the cable in the tunnel area, and in the area close to the
> fuel hoses.
>
> Any comments ?
>
> Paul (363)

Paul,

We used 1/4" Nylaflow tubing on our rudder
cables, from the pulleys up to the tufnol rubbing
blocks, and from just behind the pulleys back to
the area behind the baggage bay plywood supports.
Also used a .5 " length attached to the tailplane
counter weight stop support as a guide block
for the rudder cables.
After finishing up installing everything in our
tunnel area and looking it all over, we are
really glad we encased the rudder cables
in Nylaflow, as that area is very congested.

Terry Seaver
A135