Re: Rudder Cables & Nylon tubing

Subject: Re: Rudder Cables & Nylon tubing
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:37:13
In a message dated 12/4/00 1:00:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, terrys@cisco.com
writes:

<< We used 1/4" Nylaflow tubing on our rudder
 cables, from the pulleys up to the tufnol rubbing
 blocks, and from just behind the pulleys back to
 the area behind the baggage bay plywood supports.
 Also used a .5 " length attached to the tailplane
 counter weight stop support as a guide block
 for the rudder cables.
 After finishing up installing everything in our
 tunnel area and looking it all over, we are
 really glad we encased the rudder cables
 in Nylaflow, as that area is very congested.

 Terry Seaver >>

Hi All,
Ditto to all the above. Additionally I put the turnbuckle adjusters just aft
of the baggage bay. This resulted in the turnbuckles slapping the fuselage
bottom so I attached the Nylaflow sleeved cables to the bulkhead of the
baggage wells using Adel clamps, size D5 or D6.
Troy