Re: Gas valve

Subject: Re: Gas valve
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 19:40:59

Bill,

I thought the fuel valve would be hard to reach also - but in reality after
flying and using it, its really in a good spot. I just reach over with my
left hand and its right there.  I'm not a small person either (6'2" and
200lbs).

I did build up the area around the valve with foam covered with bid so the
valve handle is flush.  This way I was able to make a nice armrest over the
top of the tunnel that opens up with storage for sunglasses (like you really
need them in Seattle!!).  When flying its really nice to have something to
rest the throttle arm on - I would highly reccomend some type of armrest on
top and although it seems like the top would be a good place for the valve -
it would probably not be - unless you put it under a door.  But then it
would be out of sight and out of mind when entering the plane, a real
advantage of the factory location.  When you climb in its very visible.

After lots of long flights I find the factory did a darn good job of
designing a very comfortable cockpit that works well with everything in easy
reach.

Bob Jacobsen
A131