carb. air ice?

Subject: carb. air ice?
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 12:15:52
I have an Elba fuel flow meter fitted, and I have noticed that as I increase the
throttle setting to maintain r.p.m. the flow remains constant. I am not able
to achieve the same maximum static r.p.m. for a given prop. pitch setting
(Arplast
VP).
I have not experienced similar symptoms while flying.
Has anyone else had this sort of problem and are there any suggestions as to
what
may be causing it?
G-BXTD is a Classic Europa with an XS engine mount and cowling. Carb. air is via
a plenum chamber to a standard Rotax 912. I am running on Avgas 100LL.
Recently conditions have been very humid, but I would have thought that
something
would have been said on this forum if other people had been experiencing these
symptoms.
Roger Anderson.