Re: Front Bearing setup

Subject: Re: Front Bearing setup
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:13:21
> jac.vanheeswijk@hetnet.nl writes:
>
> << "If more than 4lbs (17N) of force is used to control the aircraft at the
> servo attachment point, then do not use."  >>
>
> Wow, that translates to 8 oz. at the hand !  The aerodynamic loads alone must
> be near to this !
>
> Graham G-EMIN

Navaid's docs actually say a max of 30 lbs. at a crank arm radius of
1.0 inch, producing a peak-to-peak travel at that point of 1.5
inches.  With say an 18" control stick, that's 1.67 lbs at the grip.

But ignoring friction (which is indeed a factor here), aileron forces
required are proportional to displacement and rate of stick movement.
Navaid explains that its electronics limit stick movement to a narrow
range and damp the correction to nice and easy stick movement.  Some
Europas have one, works no?

Good.  She apparently will interface directly with my Apollo GX-65 GPS
map-comm.  Hit ENT on any $50-hamburger site in the database
(correction - $25 - Europa) and enjoy the scenery hands off.  I can
get into that. :-)~

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063