Europa Trailers

Subject: Europa Trailers
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 11:01:37
Whilst the standard open and enclosed trailers are useful for road
transportation and storage of the fuselage and wings, it does mean
repetitive rigging and de-rigging. I intend to store my Europa within 3
trailers set up as a mobile hangar. With the help of David Schofield
(trailer manufacturer) I am designing a mobile hangar optimised for my
Europa. If anyone else has been through this process before any tips would
be most welcome. This project may be of interest to any one who wants to
avoid both the high cost of hangarage and the inevitable hangar rash. A
mobile hangar might not be cheap but it doesn't take long for its cost to
be overtaken by the cost of commercial hangarage. I would like to hear from
other Europa owner/builders who might be interested in such a product.

As an aside David has his Europa Trigear Demonstrator Trailer (as seen at
Cranfield) for sale and is open to any sensible offer. Anyone who is
interested should contact him on 01793 790160.

Nigel Charles