RE: Front Bearing setup

Subject: RE: Front Bearing setup
From: Robert Berube <bberube@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:53:06
Having built several cockpit modules lately I always had varying degrees of
misalignment in the bearings. I found that the problem was more due to the
CS05 not centered in the CS03. Applying heat to the bonded area would help
slightly (prior to riveting).  In frustration, I used (borrowed)two of the
rear tufnol bearings and mounted them on a flat surface perfectly aligned.
Install the CS02, CS04 and CS03 Bushing on the CS05.  Use a second set
(borrowed)of CS03 and CS02 Bushings in the bearings and pass the CS05 tube
through the bushings.  It will all be in perfect alignment.  Bond per
instructions.  Positioning in the module is per manual.  Have not had any
misalignment since.
Regards,
Bob A166