Re: Front Bearing setup

Subject: Re: Front Bearing setup
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 23:38:09
I don't know if this was smart, but in addition to what you did, I did
not bond them to the cockpit module.  As part of the floxing step, I
waxed the mating surface of the front/rear Tufnols so they could be
later removed.   I couldn't see where the forces involved are too much
for just the four AN3 bolts to handle.

Man, if you ever had to replace something (like the Tufnols
themselves), how easily would they crack away from the flox?  I guess
you'd still have to do surgery to the fuse floor under the little
tunnel to R & R the assembly, but at least it wouldn't simply unbolt.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063