RE: Front Bearing setup

Subject: RE: Front Bearing setup
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:57:28
Hi! Tony.
Just keep it simple like the book says. You will be lucky if it is still
slack when you join up all four bearings with the control linkages, anyway.
I recall that the book says make sure that the bearings are free to rotate,
but the question is "what is free?" I recognised that free  means worn so
mine were a nice fit, 'till I joined all four "nice fits" together then it
was bloody stiff. Resorted to injecting brasso and oscillating mine back and
forth for about two hours then washing out with a cleanser before it was all
"FREE" properly !!!! You are approaching a pit fall so watch out for the
positioning of the aerleron push rods in the right place through the centre
of the pitch tube at the rear bearing, I felt that the wording about putting
a temporary spacer in place was not too clear.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG